Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Exciting Trip to Idaho

This last weekend I decided that a break was definitely needed, so I headed up to Idaho Falls to spend time with one of my best friends from College, Sarah. Her husband, Justin, has to work crazy hours, so we just spent time together and did some fun things, but overall, just relaxed. It was so nice to enjoy time and not be rushing everywhere. Here are some things we did.

We went to the 4th of July parade in Idaho Falls. It was small, but entertaining. I loved the feeling of patriotism that was shown. Its nice to remember why we are free.


We then went to a barbecue for Sarah's Family. The food was good and so was the entertainment, which was watching the Eaton Family play badminton. The pregnant lady in the top picture is Sarah's sister, Jessica. She's expecting a little girl next month.

We were getting ready for the fireworks show. This is Sarah and her husband, Justin. We just laid around until the show started at 10:00 p.m. It was quite the show. The fireworks were beautiful and it was worth the wait.



The next day, Sarah's family decided to introduce me to garage saleing. I've never been before, so I didn't know what to expect. It was a bad weekend to go because of it being a holiday weekend, but I did get two movies for a $1. That was exciting. Then Jessica, Sarah, and I went out for lunch. Then Sarah and I went back to her place for some movie watching. Well, I fell asleep when Sarah was baking cookies and Sarah fell asleep when I was making dinner, so we really didn't talk much, but it's nice just to take a nap when you need to. When Justin came home from work, we decided we wanted to set off our own fireworks, so we went and bought some and headed over to Sarah's parents house and to the elementary school right behind to set them off. Of course, there was a playground and we had to go down the slides and play on the swings.




The next day was Sunday, so we went to church and then went home and did nothing. We ended up going to Sarah's Parent's house and played card games and chatted until midnight. It was nice knowing that I didn't have to work in the morning.


On Monday, Sarah and I slept in really late and then we decided to do makeovers. Well, I gave Sarah a makeover. She looked fabulous, but of course, I forgot to take the camera out. We then joined Sarah's Mom, Cindy, and Jessica for lunch and this wonderful bakery. Their sourdough bread was to die for and I very much enjoyed the visit.


That was my trip and I have to say that my body and brain thank me for the R&R that I got there.

2 comments:

Our Corner said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Yea for R&R!!! I love those pictures of the fireworks they turned out great.

BECKY said...

What a fun, fun trip! I love to spend holidays in different places... it's so fun to see how differently everyone does them! Do I know Sarah?