Monday, May 10, 2010

New House

So, I did it! I'm in the process of buying a house. Its such a huge process and has cost me around $4,000 already and I haven't even closed on it yet. The house is a foreclosure house and the people beat it up pretty badly before they left. When the appraiser went to look at it, there were a few repairs that had to be made before they would even consider closing on the house. So, here we go!! We got all the electrical back up to code, replaced the kitchen floor, patched up the 20 + holes in the walls, replaced most of the doors because they had holes in them, had to paint some wood and the likes of all of that. Needless to say, I'm really stressed out about the whole thing because I am buying a house and that makes it hard to spend money on anything else, especially if you don't have it.

Well, last night, I was talking to one of my best friends about all of the stress and angst over this whole process and she asked me if I'd had a blessing. I hadn't even thought about it. (I know, awful, eh?) I went over to her parent's house and received a beautiful blessing from her father and am feeling peace over the whole process. I know this is the right decision and I didn't make it blindly. How grateful I am for the Priesthood and the blessing it is in my life.

So, alas, we are proceeding and it'll be awesome when I finally get everything taken care of. It's a big enough house that when/if I get married and have my family, I truly will never have to move. Here we go, off to another great adventure in the life of Dawn :)

4 comments:

Sally said...

Ohh! I can't wait to see pic's of your house. I think buying a house is ALWAYS stressful. Don't worry... you're not alone. We're house poor right now too. Lots of projects on the list and not a lot of money to do them. Good luck and hopefully the rest of the process will go smoothly.

BECKY said...

I can't wait to see pics of everything!!! Best wishes Dawn!!!!

DeFreese said...

post pics soon!!

Laura said...

I would love to see pics too! What area did you buy in? House projects can really be a pain, but you feel so good once you finish one. Good luck with the rest of the closing process.