Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas

So, can I just say how much I love decorating the inside of my house for Christmas. My family and I went out to the hills of Nevada and cut down trees, like we do every year and I got a beautiful, big tree. I could never do anything huge when I lived in my apartment. It smells so good and I'm loving having a big tree in my family room.

I have realized a lot how many people really expect you to buy them gifts for Christmas, even people that you really have no contact with. It kinda blows my mind to be honest with you. I am completely broke this year and haven't been able to do things like I've done in the past. Although Christmas will be small, its not the reason we celebrate it. The best gift of all has already been given to us through the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Christmas this year has been rough without my brother, Ethan, around. How much I miss that kid and can't wait for August to come, so we can play. We've also added a new member to our family this year and I'm wondering how he's going to feel about Christmas in my family. He tells us constantly that we're weird. Family dynamics are definitely different this year.

But, with everything else, I love this time of year, with the music, the cheerfulness of people, the love that seems to permeate everything. I love Christmas!!

1 comment:

BECKY said...

no picture???????????????!!!!!!!! dawn!!!

merry christmas. i hope it's wonderful!