Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Exhausting Month and More

Fall Semester started with a bang on Monday and at that point in time, I have admitted around 750 people. Whew! I'm exhausted, but it's gratifying to me to see these students here and know that they've made a positive step in their lives. I, myself, am a graduate of LDS Business College and I had a wonderful experience and made some true best friends here. I hope others get the same opportunities that I did.

I am taking two classes this semester at the Business College. I finally broke down and am taking the Eternal Marriage Institute class. I hope it's a gratifying experience. I've known the instructor for quite a while, so I'm looking forward to learning about how I can better myself. I'm also taking a class called Foundations of Learning. The instructor that is teaching it is phenomenal. He is so in tune with the Spirit and uses it to teach the class on how to Study by Learning and by Faith. It's going to be an awesome class and I'm looking forward to making everything I learn a part of my life.

My ward is keeping me super busy. I have 4 callings right now, but one that I'm truly struggling with. Can anyone give me any ideas what my choir can sing for Christmas? (I know Christmas is a few months away, but after the disaster that was Easter, I'm not taking any chances.) I need arrangements that will help inspire and bring the Spirit to the meeting, preferably hymns. Your help would be much appreciated.

This weekend, I finally get to spend some time with my rent-a-kid, Natalie. (Rent-a-kid is a term my Mom made up, I don't have any nieces or nephews, or children of my own, so I have adopted my friends children and made them my own, just in case you were wondering.) I feel so awful that I've been so busy to spend time with her, so we're having a sleepover this weekend. I'm not quite sure what we're going to do, but I'm going to leave it up to her. She's such a sweet girl and I really love her.

My friends Kristene, Camille, and myself are planning a 4 day getaway to Jackson Hole next month. We have 27 days until we go. The vacation is much needed by the three of us. We rented a cabin up there with a kitchen, wireless Internet, and cable TV (big thing for me :D). It also has an indoor pool and gym. It's going to be tons of fun. I can hardly wait.

That's what's going on in life right now. Thanks for all of your love and support!! Have a great one!!

5 comments:

Sally said...

Wow! That does sound like a lot! But, I've learned that it's good to be busy. Good luck with the school year, classes, work and callings. I don't really have any suggestions for your Christmas Choir Program. Sorry! That's one calling I'm grateful I don't have... yet.

Our Corner said...

YEA!!! Jackson Hole, I am so excited. Thanks for inviting me.

Nebes said...

wow...I'm impressed you didn't mention anything about people crying or threatening to kill you or the students. Congratulations!

Jessica said...

You can always try putting a Christmas hymn to the tune of a different hymn. That always makes people pay more attention to the words when it wasn't what they expected. It is way fun!

BECKY said...

Nothing can beat the spirit that comes with "O Holy Night". I love that song.

Your trip sounds fantastic! Can I tag along? :)