Monday, July 12, 2010

Just when I thought nothing else could go wrong . . .

It always does!!! So, if I didn't know that buying this house was the absolutely best decision, I would tell everyone I know not to get sucked into it.

This house of mine was a foreclosure. It had a lot of work that had to be done, but no problem. I know lots of people that can help me fix things. Well, before I could close, I ended up paying $3,200 for repairs so I could actually get a home loan. Ridiculous, you say? I thought so, until I started working on the house. I had to paint the whole house, rip out kitchen cabinets, get rid of the dandelions and morning glory growing in my lawn and other places. The air conditioning wouldn't work. It was $300 to get the electrical wiring redone to it. Apparently all of the electrical wires were cut. I have to get new siding on the house to replace the rotting wood before winter sets in. So, two months and almost $9,000 later, I'm moved in. Still some work to do, like the fact that I only have one sink working in the whole house and you can only get hot water out of that sink. I have a friend that will be finishing up the kitchen sink and fixing the upstairs bathroom sink.

All I can say is, thank goodness all of this is almost over. I would like to not be so exhausted and sore anymore :)

I'm sorry about the lack of pictures. I've definitely been slacking. When all is moved in and settled, I'll post pictures :)

5 comments:

Nebes said...

hooray for dawn! congratulations on the house. i'm coming home for the summer, so i'm expecting a grand tour (pictures are so 2D...)

Our Corner said...

I'm sorry this has been such a pain for you. I always thought buying a house and being a home owner was a grand,fun,happy event...but then it happens and reality sets in. :p I'm still here to help if you need me, I'm not a plumber or electrician but I can make ya laugh :D. I am really good at thirft store shopping too.

Laura said...

Houses are never ending work, but so much better than renting. I'm sure your house will turn out beautiful. The longer the process the bigger the payoff, right? Hang in there, there is an end it sight. And, pictures, yes, pictures would be good. ;0)

BECKY said...

can't wait to see it. it will be so worth it!

Sally said...

Sometimes houses can be such a pain. I can't wait to see pictures!