Friday, July 16, 2010

Plumbing Woes

So, I know I've been talking a lot about the house and all its problems. But, hopefully, this is the last one in a very long time. So, apparently, if the house is vacant for a while, it can cause your sewer drain to clog up. Tuesday night, after getting all of the other plumbing fixed in my two sinks, my toilet started making a funny gurgling sound. I walked downstairs and found that my feet were suddenly wet from water in my carpet. The drain had apparently backed up and I had a good inch of water on the floor. Thank goodness my friend, Scott was there, to help me get the carpet lifted and fans on it. So, phone call to the rooter place. I found a place that actually was much cheaper than most and he did an excellent job. So, plumbing woes should probably be done for now. Now to get the carpet dried. Its still not dry after 3 days of fans on it. Maybe I should break down and rent a rug doctor :)

3 comments:

Sally said...

Oh Dawn! I'm so sorry. What a hassle. That has happened to us too... twice. Then we finally realized that there was a rock in the line. Seriously? How would a rock get in there? Don't know, don't really care, I just hope it doesn't happen again. Good luck and I can't wait to see some pictures.

Laura said...

Bummer! I really hope this is the last of your plumbing woes too!

BECKY said...

make sure to get it dry or you'll have mold on your hands soon... and that is a problem you really don't want to deal with!