Friday, March 7, 2008

Piano Lessons

I have this wonderful piano student that I've been teaching now for about 5 months. Her Grandmother asked me to teach her back in September and cautioned me that Braydee can be a little shy, but she has great potential. Braydee is amazing at the piano. An average person takes about a year to complete a set of books, Braydee finished her first set 2 weeks ago. I've been really working with her to help her realize that she's an amazing pianist and has a lot of potential. Well, last night at our lesson, she looked at me and said, "My Grandma was right." I asked her how her Grandma was right. She looked at me and said, "She said that I would be good at piano and look at me." It was gratifying to see her believe in herself.

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Oh wow, what a great moment for her and what a rewarding moment for you as a teacher! Awesome job Dawn!

Anonymous said...

aww. piano is great.

Nebes said...

awww....tender!

Our Corner said...

What a speical little girl. Thats great that she was able to notice her accomplishments. :)