Sunday, January 31, 2010

The end of January

Does anyone else feel like time is flying? Time is sure flying for me and on this day, as I reflect what I've done in January, I wonder sometimes what else life has for me. I'm grateful nothing serious is truly happening. Sometimes no news is good news, but I also wonder if I'm ever going to feel like I am accomplishing something marvelous. I have worked at LDSBC now for coming up on 6 years and a couple of weeks ago, my boss pulled me aside and said things that I am trying to take as constructive criticism, but am wondering if I'm actually doing all that I need to there. Most of my dearest friends are dating someone, engaged or married and having families and I wonder if I'm supposed to be on the sidelines cheering everyone on while they seem to be able to move on with their lives. My ward is wonderful, but I'm not feeling like I'm growing at all. I feel like in my callings that I'm alone and there is no one to help me accomplish them. I'm trying to involve everyone, but their willingness to help is greatly lacking. I have wondered what else I should be doing to make me feel like I make a difference in this world, with family, with friends, but I've had a lot of questions this last month wondering what I could do more. Life is truly a blessing and I'm grateful for all I have learned and all that I have been blessed with. The Lord truly does take care of us and is mindful of us. I guess we all land in ruts and I think my rut is full of really sticky mud and I'm not moving much at this point in my life. Hopefully my 4 wheel drive will kick into action soon :)

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Life totally is like a rut at times. Just keep doing all you can and prove the Lord that you're trying your best and doing all you can and He'll get you out of the rut when He knows it's time to get out! Love you Dawn!

Jessica said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels stuck in a rut! While mine is a different rut, I understand! I don't think I could fit into the same rut with anybody else. Life is too complicated! Just keep plugging along and someday you'll see that it really wasn't a rut!