Friday, January 15, 2010

Life in General

So, sometimes I wonder why I keep a blog, because I live a very boring life and really don't have much to say to anyone. I had a wonderful Christmas with my parents and my brother. One brother is on his mission in Washington state and my sister was in London with her boyfriend, now fiancee. I figure I'll just post pictures and tell you what they are. Sorry to take so long to blog.

This is the quilt that I made for my parents for Christmas. Its called "Trip Around the World." It was so much fun to make but even more fun to see their expressions when they opened it up :)


One of my dearest friends, Michelle, got married in October. We all have people in our lives that change us for the better. Michelle is one of those people for me. She's always been an example of Christ-like love and patience. I was so happy for her when she met her sweetheart and wish them an eternity of happiness :)

This is one of my best friends, Cynthia. Every time I go up to her house in Logan, she always makes this incredible homemade pizza. I love her dearly and get to visit her tomorrow. I'm stoked :)

This is the beautiful Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I had the opportunity to receive my endowments in this temple and went again on Wednesday. Sometimes, my life seems to be falling apart and I'm not sure how to deal with it or how to succeed, spending time inside the walls of the temple always seems to make life livable again.

I'm sorry for the random post, but when something exciting happens with me, I'll be sure to post again.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Dawn,

Sometimes I feel like I have nothing new going on in my life too! We all get into ruts sometimes. I can't believe that you made that quilt! I didn't know you knew how to sew. Probably shows you how good of a friend I am. I'm glad you were able to go through the temple. It truly is a place to find peace and comfort. Good luck in the new year!

Sally

BECKY said...

That is SO cool that you chose Oquirrh Mountain! And the quilt is BEAUTIFUL!! I would really like to see more pics and close-ups... talk about incredible work. SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Laura said...

that quilt is absolutely amazing. What an awesome talent you have.

The temple really does seem to reassemble you when you feel like you're falling apart. I'm happy for you that you received your endowments. GO OFTEN! You will be blessed.

You're awesome Dawn!

Lavar and Michelle said...

Dawn,
You're awesome and thank you for the compliments. You have made a big difference in my life too but it is nice to hear that you have helped make a difference because we all need to know that once in a while. I love that picture thank you.