Thursday, February 4, 2010

Suffering from Hypothyroidism

Many of you may not know, but I have been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism about 4 years ago and have been suffering the effects of this disease. I didn't realize how much your Thyroid and the TSH hormones did in the human body. Because of this disease, I have a much lower metabolism (through the floor actually), I get cold easily, and I can't take off weight as easily as most people can.

I joined Weight Watchers about 2 years ago and I absolutely love their program of making good eating choices and physical activity. I did really well with their program and took off 25 pounds in about a years time. Although I never changed my eating habits, or my physical activity habits, I have put all of that weight back on.

The reason for this post is to ask any of you if you may know of things that will help me get my disease in better control and that will help me through my journey of weight loss and combating my disease.

3 comments:

Nebes said...

you can take medication for hypothyroidism (synthroid); as for weight loss - find a partner that would work out with you. it's very motivational and when don't feel like working out your workout partner will guilt you into going! works every time :D

Laura said...

I am sorry to hear about the hypothyroidism. I don't know anything about it, but it doesn't sound fun, or fair! Their are lots of diets and diet pills out there, but none of them will give you lasting effects unless you take them forever. I have found from personal experience that the only way to take wait off and keep it off is good old fashioned exercise and healthy eating habits. It doesn't have to be extreme either. Just 30 minutes of moderate (fast walking or something) can make a difference. Good luck!

Our Corner said...

NAET- It's working wonders for a friend of mine and her family.