Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Huzzah!!!

Well, as I had said in other posts, I have a disease called Hypothyroidism. It takes its toll but its a manageable disease. I take a pill every morning that allows me to function throughout the day. Well, in the last three months or so, I started putting on the weight that I have been working so hard to lose, suffering from depression, utter exhaustion and a bunch of other things. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I was doing everything I was supposed to, eating right, exercising, going to bed at 9 p.m. so I could get up at 5 a.m. It was maddening!

Needless to say, I turned to the Internet to see what people's thoughts were in regards to losing weight with they hypothyroidism, because I wanted to lose weight for my sister's wedding and all I was doing was gaining weight. I noticed a trend with symptoms of people suffering from the disease, like weight gain, depression, etc. etc. So, I finally called my doctor because I was being awful, I felt awful and I knew that people around me wanted nothing to do with me.

I went in last week and met with the doctor and got some blood work done, and huzzah, my thyroid medication had indeed quit working for me. I had been on the same dosage of the meds since I was diagnosed three years ago. So, they have me on a new dosage and I can't begin to tell you how wonderful I feel. I am so grateful for modern medicine that has helped me feel like a million bucks. Now, I'm off to the struggle of losing the weight again. It is a harder process for me because of this disease, but I think I'm up to the challenge. :)

6 comments:

Sally said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you're feeling better! Good luck with the weight loss, it's defiantly not easy but well worth all the hard work! What's your game plan?

BECKY said...

SO glad they figured out what was wrong; talk about scary! You can totally do this girl!

Laura said...

Happy you're feeling better. Weight loss is tough, but you definately can do it.

Elly said...

Ohhhh, good luck! I'm so glad that it seems to be working for you! I hope that continues for a long time!

Our Corner said...

You Can DO IT!!! :) You and me Dawn...we can overcome this. :)

Jessica said...

You can do it! You are amazing. Glad to hear you're feeling better.