Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Long weekends are the best!

This weekend was a ton of fun. It started out with me working from home on Friday. I've been having some health issues of late and can't seem to function properly, so my boss allowed me to get my work done from home. I got more accomplished in three and a half hours than I got done in two weeks.

Friday night, I went to my friend, Jennifer's house for a girl's night party. We had tons of food and we watched "I Hate Valentine's Day." It was actually a really cute movie. None of us ladies had a Valentine this year, so it was a fitting movie. :)

Saturday, I went up to Logan to see two of my dearest friends, Cynthia and Kalon. These two are such awesome people. Cynthia has helped me through some rough patches in my life, especially the health issues one that I'm dealing with right now. Her brother, Caleb and I headed off early in the morning, only after I got my awesome new apron (Thanks Elly!). Caleb and I actually had an enjoyable visit all the way up. When we got up there, we, of course, had to go by Gossner Foods so I could get me some cheese. I'm so addicted to cheese. Then we ran off to Lee's, a local grocery store, to get Cynthia and Kalon's shopping done. While there, we found Guarana and I had to buy some for our homemade pizza later that day. Then we headed back to their apartment, where Kalon, the master chef, made us Chicken Parmesan. Then we headed up a canyon to Hardware Ranch. For all of you who don't know what Hardware Ranch is, its like a winter camp for a herd of Elk. We got to ride on a wagon right among the herd. I hope you enjoy the pictures :)
This is the view from the top of the hill

Cynthia and Kalon

Cynthia and Me

A bunch of the herd


After that, we went and got Aggie Ice Cream. I have to say that I'm a huge fan. I got their chocolate almond, two of my favorite things in a waffle cone. :) Then we headed back home to play Chippy Chasers and get ready for some homemade pizza.


After pizza, we played some more games and then we headed home. Caleb had some awesome music and I have an awesome stereo in my vehicle, so we had another party on the way home. (Actually, Caleb was doing his civic duty and was trying to keep me awake)

Sunday was actually an okay day. It was Valentine's Day and it really holds no significance to me, it really never has, so I just went to church and then went home and sewed.

Monday was the day I went to the doctor to hopefully help figure out what's really wrong with me. I get my blood work done today and I'm hoping that it'll be something that they can fix. Then I went to FHE with my old branch. There was an Afghanistan War Veteran there and spoke to us about what's happening there and the people there. It helped me remember how grateful I should be to be born into the United States of America. It also reminded me that everyone in this world is my brother and sister and I need to be better to make sure that I treat everyone as such.

5 comments:

Sally said...

That does sound like a fun weekend! Aggie Ice Cream is the best. Our family has a cabin up in the Hardware Ranch Mountain Estates. We LOVE the area! The elk are amazing to see! I sure do hope that the doctors can help you to feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything!

Sally

BECKY said...

I love cheese too!!!
As for your health issues... not cool. I hope you can tell us what's up soon.

Our Corner said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. :) Hardware Ranch looks awesome.

Emily said...

Yay for Gossner's! I LOVE that place! And guarana - as in the pop from South America? Where do you buy it? We finally found an ethnic grocery store in SLC that carries it; my dad loves the stuff!

Laura said...

Dawn you have the best weekends! You should have told me you were coming up to Logan and stopped by! I'm glad you had such a great time.