Monday, February 8, 2010

What a wonderful weekend!!

This last weekend was one of the best I've had in a long time.

Friday night, I went to my friend, Jennifer's house and made homemade macaroni and cheese for the two of us, we went and played games and Jalene's (a new gal in my ward who'd pretty much awesome) house and then I got to sewing my baby presents I'm making.

Saturday morning was my little friend, Rosie's baptism. Her mom, Angel, is one of my very dearest friends. I love participating in baptisms because it reminds me of the covenants I made and how very grateful I am for them. After the baptism, we had a luncheon for Rosie and I got to meet a lot of Chris and Angel's family and friends. I am so grateful for Angel's friendship and the opportunities she gives me to be a part of her family :)

After the luncheon, I went home and got back to work with the sewing machine. I'm absolutely in love with sewing right now. I've been making quilts, baby blankets, and pillows. So, I put in some movies and got to work on my project. It only took 5 hours, and I'm not quite done, but I got a lot accomplished.

Saturday night, I got to see one of my very best friends, Cynthia and her husband, Kalon, who came down from Logan for a baby blessing. I love this family and they have officially adopted me as one of their own. We played games and just had a grand ol' time. I need to go over and spend more time with them. They make me happy :)

Sunday morning was little Timothy's blessing. Timothy belongs to my friends, Matt and Elly, who also happen to be related to Cynthia and Kalon, so they're pretty much family :) Going to a singles ward, I don't get many opportunities to experience baby blessings. It was a beautiful blessing. I love holding baby Timothy and realizing where he came from and what a valiant spirit he must have to come into the world at this time. Its also so nice knowing that he was born into a home where the Gospel is lived. I am so excited to see where this little guy goes in his life. After the baby blessing, we went to Matt and Elly's for a potato bar. It was so good to be surrounded by people that just love one another. I had such a great time!

Sunday night, we celebrated my sister, Michelle's 25th birthday. We just did the normal, cake and ice cream and presents. I absolutely love my sister and I'm so excited for all of the adventures she's about to embark on. :)

So, with all of that said, I could really use another day to get my laundry and my house work done, but I wouldn't trade any of it away.

3 comments:

Sally said...

What fun! I love busy weekends... but then also sometimes feel like I need a calm one right after it to catch up. I'm so glad you're having a good time sewing, it's something I would love to be better at. You must post pictures of the completed projects! I can't wait to see!

BECKY said...

That last line totally sums it up! Love it!! That's how I try to feel after a bizzay weekend!

Elly said...

Have I told you how much we love those blankets? They're now the household favorites. Sometime you'll have to show me how to make one, k? ^_^

We LOVED seeing you over the weekend! Come back soon!